Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Spice School: A Course in Masala Mischief!

Because I need more school in my life I joined Mr P of Delicious Delicious Delicious and Sanjana of Ko Rasoi in this exploration of spices and Indian vegetarian cooking. We will post on the last day of the month and if you'd like to join you can find a clear explanation here and a list of the first 4 dishes in the 'curryculum'. I love Indian food, as I may have mentioned here and went on a bit about in my appam challenge. I love both sweet and savoury spices and one of my favourites is mustard seed. That was the focus this month and I was in as soon as I saw that. Now, some of you may remember that I am not a big fan of potatoes. In fact, they were the only ingredient I had to go out and buy in order to make this dish. I only bought half the specified weight, which was too bad, as this was delicious. I make an exception for curried potatoes. We ate it on rice for some winterlicious carb on carb action. 
Next month: Exploring Carom Seeds with Crispy Potato Bhajia. 
Hmm, more potatoes. I will grow to love them. It's in my genes, somewhere.
You can find the recipe on KO Rasoi.

5 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...

This is mouthwatering!(I wish I knew how to cook with exotic ingredients.) "Curryculum"...love it! :D

Susan said...

What a cool project, Mary! I had to laugh when you said you didn't like potatoes - that's almost as rare as finding someone who doesn't like chocolate! Your dish looks amazing. I'm reluctant to join a 4th on-line cooking club, but will definitely follow your adventures with keen interest.

Mr. P said...

Mary, weren't you just blown away by the fact that potatoes - POTATOES!! - can become so delicious? I was.

Making it again with sweet potatoes. I reckon it'll be a winner.

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy, Mary. You WILL grow to love potatoes after these great dishes! Best, Sandie

Valérie said...

Yay, one step closer to loving potatoes! Gotta say, that looks delicious!