Thursday, September 29, 2011

This Year's Raspberry Cream Cake


My family loves raspberry cream cake, and we used to get delicious ones at a local bakery. The last one we got was overpriced and underwhelming, so we've sworn off them and I occasionally remember to make one, usually when local raspberries are in season. I used to want to recreate that bakery cake, but I always end up making something completely different. That's okay, because I can still remember the other cake fondly while I'm gorging on raspberries, cake and cream. This one was exactly like the fraisier I made for the July Daring Bakers' challenge. Okay, not exactly. I used raspberries, skipped the almond paste and soaking syrup, and added lots of lemon zest to the cake batter. The verdict? Delicious.
Here's the link to that recipe because I'm far too lazy to type it up.
:)

Update: I am still not home! I'm enjoying my last week in Ecuador, and thinking of all the things I'll miss and making plans to return. I know my last post said I was on my way, but that was a mix-up on my part. I had lots of auto posts scheduled but the death of my computer while I was here buggered that up a bit. Anyway, enjoy some cake and I'll see you in a week or so!

7 comments:

Valerie Gamine said...

Don't you just hate having to write out recipes all the time? :D

This cake looks fabulous! Raspberries and lemons in a cake is heaven...heaven on Earth.

Take care, and enjoy the rest of your trip.

Moni said...

Wow! This cake looks delightful! The combination of raspberry and lemon is a favorite for me and I can only imagine how delicious it is! The pictures are great!

Nickki said...

That looks absolutely divine! I'd love a slice of that right now :-)

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous cake, Mary. Kind of like a fraisier - almost too pretty to eat, but I''d devour it! Lve raspberry, love cake, love cream :) Can't wait to hear about Ecuador!

Evelyne CulturEatz said...

Enjoy your last bit of time away...its freaking cold and wet here. That cake would certainly help take the cold blues away. Love raspberries

Angie said...

Yummo! I wish I was sharing Thanksgiving with you!

A Canadian Foodie said...

What a gorgeous cake - and Ecuador! Good for you! Incredible. I hope you write about it!
:)
valerie